Be familiar with nine career opportunities for graduates of a project management degree with brief descriptions for each job opportunity.
Project management in general can cover a wide variety of industries. For this reason, graduates of project management degrees are then able to enter different career paths to their liking. Whether you attend a traditional academic course or an online project management degree program, here are nine possible career opportunities waiting for you.
1. Project Manager: A project manager is generally responsible for overseeing all aspects of a project in a team, organization, or corporation. Working under specific procedures and policies, a project manager plans, budgets, executes, and supervises projects that are essential to achieving a company’s goals. With a project management degree, you can get into virtually any company that develops relevant projects as part of their goals and success.
2. Project Management Analyst: A project management analyst concentrates more on the evaluation and analysis of projects and their outcome rather than the actual managerial work. Although, an analyst knows the processes and procedures involved in project management, he is more on the examination and investigative side of the work. He makes educated recommendations and foresees the possible results of various methods used.
3. Quality Management Project Coordinator: A quality management project coordinator is responsible for ensuring the quality of projects being handled. He is mainly accountable for creating a superior level of value to any products and/or services being offered by the team or the organization. Quality management as a course is often available in a project management degree online.
4. Schedule Manager: A schedule manager mainly focuses on identifying and supervising schedules for projects.
Since project implementations take a few weeks or months to complete, there is a need for close scheduling and monitoring. The schedule manager then makes sure that the project is being done and executed on time.
5. Computer and Information Systems Manager: As the IT industry continues to boom, more and more IT managers are needed. If you have a project management degree with a great background in information technology, you are definitely perfect for this position. A computer and information systems manager basically implements and supervises the plans, procedures, and processes of the computer and network systems of a company.
6. Industrial Production Manager: An industrial production manager is generally responsible for coordinating people along with the equipment to be used in a manufacturing project. He should be very familiar and experienced in production operations. Some industries that require an industrial production manager include construction, real estate, and the automotive industry.
7. Sales Manager: A project management degree holder can also hold a sales manager position for companies and organizations. Because he is trained to handle and execute projects effectively, a sales manager can easily implement plans or procedures for a sales team in order to achieve sales targets. The sales manager is generally responsible for coming up with winning strategies that will drive his team to generate sales under given circumstances.
8. Business Planning Analyst: Focusing more on business plans, a business planning analyst shall serve as a head of the business development side of a company. Not only is he expected to come up with winning ideas and strategies, he will also examine whether a certain business model is to the company’s advantage or inconvenience. He also oversees possible challenges and obstacles that may come their way as they implement certain plans and procedures.
9. Administrative Services Manager: An administrative services manager supervises and leads a team that handles administrative work. He is responsible for making sure that the administrative operations of a company run smoothly. While many employees can qualify for this position, a project management degree will allow you to get an edge over the average ones.